Monday, February 2, 2009

I don't Wanna Work!

I pulled in the parking lot at my job this morning at 6:23 AM and had a relization. I don't wanna work. 40 Hours per week, 4 - 10 hour days. Yuck. Work gets in the way of everything I want to do, for me. I wasn't born, or have not married, into wealth.... so we've gotta do it anyway right?

Friday I got up earlish and took my pumpkin to school, then went straight away to run 3 miles. It was 32 degrees and windy. My run felt icky just because it was so cold, but I had the satisfaction of knowing I'd done what I planned to do. I had to get the run out of the way early so I could get grocery shopping done, and meet my boyfriend in Macon for lunch (Acapulco - YUM), then go to Dublin and work a part-time job.

Saturday I slept in (7:45) and was lazy for a few hours before I went out and did another 3 mile run with Chuck. We had all of our kids this weekend, so we spent the rest of the day doing kid stuff... playground, movie, pizza.... Fun stuff!

Sunday I woke up and decided that the apt. MUST be cleaned, I don't mean just straightend up, because it's always clean like that, I'm talking pull everything out, and put it all back pretty and organized.... along with the bathrooms getting cleaned, sweeping, moping, vaccuum... I feel so much better now that everything is clean and pretty and straight! At about 3 PM we met with my Mom at her house to run our long weekly run (7 miles this week). We ran around the neighborhood that my mom lives in and through some cotton fields all the way to the apartments I live it. I think it's super neat that I'm capable of running from my house to my mom's.... really it's only about 4 miles going through the feilds, but neat all the same.

About the long run. I ran the first 3 miles at about 9:30pace, the 4th & 5th closer to 10 min mile, due to running in the dirt, the 6th mile, back on asphault was 9:30, but check this out.... I ran the last mile at 9:00!!!! Wow, that's pretty quick for me on a long run, especially considering it was the last mile. I know, I know, I should probably be slowing down on that long run... but It just felt good to go faster, and I'm supposed to listen to my body right? I was rather proud of my efforts. Chuck said I just wanted bragging rights (I finished before him & my Mom did) Go Me! Hahahaha.

I ended the month with around 76 miles, very good to keep my goal of 900 this year in check. I am loving my training right now. 6 more weeks until the Gate River Run! Oh yeah, can't wait!

Tonight I teach spin @ the gym, so it'll be more like a rest day. Is it crazy for me to be sad that it's not on my agenda to run today? Well, I am sad... and probably crazy too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers