Thursday, February 19, 2009

Recovered

Today I feel great! I'm sure I've fully recovered from the head cold I had all of last week through the weekend. I feel like a normal human being again. Much better : ) I guess the truth will be how I feel on my tempo run tonight! I'm looking forward to the workout.

I rested yesterday since I worked a part time job. I needed it since my "easy" 3 mile run on Tuesday took more out of me than it should have, plus my left shin was still a little sore. Today I took alieve and feel fine, and I think I'll ice my shin tonight after I run just in case.

I am proud of myself lately for eating very clean. I've been monitoring my diet, using www.caloriecount.about.com. I like it because it will show you the percentage of carbs/protein/fat that you eat daily. I like to try to stay balanced so it's easier for me to see using that site. I'm not as worried about how many calories I'm eating, just that the food I eat is nutritious and I'm trying to watch portion sizes. Since eating too much of heatlhy food still makes you gain weight!

I'm looking forward to running the AL Toll 5K on Saturday. I've never run this course before so it'll be interesting. Not sure if I'm even worried about running super fast (super fast for me anyway!). I just realized that we are scheduled to run a race for 5 weekends in a row. Goodness. I think the only one I want to PR is the CherryBlossom 15K. I think I can manage that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers