Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Weighing on my mind

I’ve read time and again that your not supposed to weigh yourself everyday. Our weight can fluctuate up to 3 lbs. Daily or so they say… blah blah blah… only weigh yourself once a week. But I just can’t.

For the last few years, at least since I started running I’ve made a good effort to eat right. Sure, I fall off the wagon and go crazy from time to time, sometime staying off for longer than I’d care to think about. If I’m not currently on a healthy diet, I’m thinking about how I should be… how’s that? I’ve been doing VERY good since the 1st week in Dec 08 (got off track over fall). I was like 123, which doesn’t sound like a whole lot, but I’m 5’0"… compact, not a lot of room to put on say 10 extra pounds ya know (it all goes to my tummy pooch…. Why not my bootie?). So by New Years I was hangin’ around 120…. Getting better. Cut out the beer and wings on the weekend and quit eating oatmeal (loaded with brown sugar and peanut butter) before bed. Crazy.

I got this new running log for New Years (Nathan) and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it…. The very coolest thing is that there’s a daily spot for weight. So I have a perfectly good excuse to be obsessive now! Woo Hoo.

Anywho… I get to enter my weight daily… what fun. But at the same time it frustrates the snot out of me. I don’t like it when I go to a Superbowl party and eat just a little bit of junk and gain 3 lbs…. Especially when I KNOW it’s not physically possible to gain 3 lbs of body fat in 24 hours… it bothers me none the less.

Then there’s the catch 22 of eating enough to be able to function on running 20 miles per week, but trying to eat under enough to lose a few pounds over the next few months. It’s not quite fair. All the same, I’m hovering around 116. By the end of March I want to be 110 or so. I just fit my clothes better there, and 13 extra pounds to carry on runs wasn’t cutting it either. I definitely run faster at a lighter weight. Makes a difference!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers