Monday, February 23, 2009

My Weekend - Kat Bites the Dust!


I think I need to go all the way back to Thursday night to catch up. I ran on the treadmill at the gym and ran a great 5 mile run. My time ended up being 45:08. Pretty good for me. I think the only reason I finished that fast was because Chuck was running next to me and kept “upping” the MPH… so I couldn’t let a boy beat me right?

Friday was a run rest day, but I ended up meeting a co-worker at the LH Thomson trail, we just walked to whole thing one time. It was a pretty morning and it felt good to get out and move. I finally went and got my nails done (purple tips – cute) and I picked up my Mom and my munchkin (Shyenne) to meet Chuck in Macon for lunch. We went to La Fiesta and I pigged out on chips / dip / fajitas. Oh YUM. Eating with the excuse of extra carb intake for running on Sat. Yeah Right!!!

Saturday we ran the Al Toll 5K, which was unplanned. I say that because I like to plan ahead and make spreadsheets for everything, especially for running, and that race wasn’t one I had intended on running. My mom wanted to run the 15K and was unsure of going at it by herself. Obviously I couldn’t run it with her because I’m not a Masters runner. She wanted Chuck to run it with her, but he is on the little plan I made, which is to run the Gate River Run 15K on 3/14/09. That will be his first 15K and we wanted to do that together. Plus he wasn’t really wanting to run a 15K 3 weeks ahead of plan. So we agreed that we’d go and run the 5K, and support her on her 15K effort. His co-worker Tim ran the 5K with us too.

Since it was unplanned, I wasn’t all excited about the race for some reason. I’ve ran most of the yearly local races at least once, but I had never run this one before. Not sure why, just hadn’t. So we got there and just chilled out (literally, it was cold!) until race time.

I started off feeling crunchy and stiff. By the time I got to the top of the hill I was feeling pretty good, so the downhill ending was wonderful. My 3rd mile time was 7:36. I finished in 26:08. Not my best time ever, but my best time of the year, so that’s something right? : ) Chuck finished in 27:17 and placed second in his age! Tim PR'ed at 31:23, an entire minute faster than his last weekend's race! Mom did the 15K in 1:24:25, wonderful for her! A PR by far. She beat my 15K PR by 10 seconds. I guess I’ve got to kick it up!

Me & Chuck before the Run 2/21/09.
OK, so Saturday afternoon Chuck and I decided since we only ran 3 miles in the morning that we’d go out for a trail run. We went to LH Thomson. Oh, I’d say 10 minutes into it I had a little disagreement with gravity. Luckily I’m short, so I didn’t have far to go to bust it on the ground. Yep, my foot caught on a little bitty nub of a root, I went air borne and landed on my left knee, right elbow and hand. Scratched up my elbow, cut my hand, and bruised my knee. The impact knocked my sunglasses off! After I smacked the dirt I started crying…. Oh my, I usually don’t cry over getting hurt!!!! It really scared me more than anything. I was thinking, oh no, I broke something! Chuck comforted me and I quickly realized that I wasn’t really hurt! I got up and ran some more. Oh yes, only to fall AGAIN! But the second fall was nothing really, didn’t hurt anything. I think my legs were just tired from the race earlier and I wasn’t picking them up enough to clear the rooty terrain. Or I’m just a super klutz suddenly. Not sure. So, we went home after running a total of 40 minutes. I got a nice hot shower and cleaned up my boo-boos. Got dressed up all cute and went to Mellow Mushroom.

OK, what happens next deserves a blog entry all on it’s own. I had the “Great White” pizza, a small one, 10”. A long with 2 Michelob Ultra’s. OH MY GOODNESS! I havn’t had beer since New Years I think, and it was great. And that BIG FAT GOOEY CHEESY PIZZA. I savored every single bite. I didn’t eat it, I made love to that pizza. I ate every last morsel. I was so full when I finished I thought I would pop.

So, that was a nice ending to a kinda icky Saturday, only icky because I fell. I don't want to be scared to run trails, I love running trails. But I think I'm going to wait until after we go to Jax to run one again.

Sunday we got up and ran a slow recovery run, 3.5 miles in almost 38 minutes. I felt good. Nothing hurt or was sore. My knee was ok. Nothing hurts on the inside of my knee, I didn’t pull or twist anything. It’s just bruised and hurts on the outside like someone smacked it with a bat or something. Otherwise I’m just fine!

In all, I had a great weekend. Did I mention the AMAZING pizza I ate on Saturday night? Well, it was good!!!!!! I enjoyed the runs I completed. I’m ready for the week of training ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers