Thursday, January 29, 2009

I've got a pocket full of sunshine...

What a beautiful day it is!!! I am in such an amazing mood.

Especially nice considering that yesterday I was grouchy, tired, and blah. Last night was my planned 5 mile treadmill tempo run. I'm usually not a treadmill hater, but for some reason last night I got on it and felt nothing but disgust toward the stupid thing. At first, all of the treadmills were full, one became free so I get on and start setting it up... only to realize that the pace/distance LED's wern't working. How am I to run and not know how fast/far I'm going. Can't have that. So I go hop on an Arc Trainer for a few till another one is free. I get on it and start jogging, only to realize I've gotta take a potty break, grrrrr.... so take care of that, get back on. EVERYTHING hurts, is crunchy, tight, not good. I do the following workout:
Mi 1 - 6.0, Mi 2 - 6.3, Mi 3 - 6.5, Mi 4 - 6.3, Mi 5 - 5.5. The last mile was supposed to be at 6.0 but I had absoultely no juice left in my tank to make that happen. I ran the last two miles hating myself for being such a sorry runner, thinking that I should feel better or be running faster than I did. I can do that to myself easily... punk myself out and be mad at me about it. How silly!

So the run was complete, no matter how icky it was for me... I did it right?

I went to bed last night, and after a week of not sleeping well, I fell fast asleep and slept all night, slept GOOD. I woke up feeling all chipper, no tightness from last night's run, in a wonderful mood. Today is jeans / sneakers day at work. Oh yeah... lovin' it. I'm at work at 6:30AM every morning, by the time the sun came out and I realized that it was NOT going to be another cloudy dreary day I was ready to dance in my office. Or do yoga or something.

We are having a "pre superbowl party" at work today. They are ordering wings and sides and having cake. I have officially decided that I WILL NOT be eating any of that junk. I've eaten good since The first week of December and I'm gonna keep it up. I got on the scale this morning only to realize I've lost another pound. Sweeeeeet. I even got on the scale backwards to be sure, and it said the same thing. My boyfriend Chuck, weighed hiself later in the mornin' and said that the scale gods were on our side, he had lost some too.

Tonight I plan on going to the gym after work and doing about 30 min on the Arc Trainer, and maybe some Abs. I am keeping my fingers crossed to hold on to this happyness... I love being in a good mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers