Tuesday, February 17, 2009

My Happy Valentine

Even though I was very sick and pitiful it was a great weekend!

Friday, a regular day off of work, I ran a few errands in the morning. I got groceries, big job…. Tried to get my nails done, BUT they were too busy and I planned to meet Chuck in Macon for lunch. So I left there with ratty nails and we went and ate Moe’s. YUM. I was a good girl, I ate a steak salad with no shell and no cheese. Friday night we had all three kids, so I cooked breakfast for dinner. Whole wheat from scratch pancakes, turkey sausage, and scrambled eggs. Good Pre-Race food I think, plus the kids were thrilled with eating pancakes for dinner!

Saturday morning… Race Day! OK, see I had been sick all week, and it progressively got worse. By Sat. morning my nose was running crazy bad and my tummy was not doing so great. I was determined to run the race anyway, on a good does of Cough/Cold syrup. My Mom, Chuck, and me headed to the 12K, Chuck’s friend Tim ran the 5K. I was a whiney little brat before the race. We got started anyway and ran an average 9:01 min mile, Chuck and I finished right at 1:07:16, well he was a few seconds behind me… even though his silly butt wrote 1:09 something on his card??? My mom blew it out, finishing in 1:04:30ish. Wow for her! It was a PR for all of us! I think my fastest 12K was Geico last year at 1:07:26, it was Chuck’s first 12K so of course he got to PR! Tim PR’ed too for his 5K. Go us!

I got home Sat. and just laid my lazy bum on the couch and tried to rest. I loaded up on cold medicine. We took the kids to see Bold Saturday afternoon. I think I enjoyed it more than they did! Sat. night I made homemade pizza with a whole wheat crust and lots of veggies. It was so good. Then I dipped strawberries in dark chocolate for dessert. I was so full at bedtime. It was great! I figured I deserved extra calories after burning so many during the race.

Sunday, Chuck made me rest against my will. I did the bare minimum around the house. Cooked steak fajitas for dinner, easy and healthy. That’s probably the most notable thing I did all day.

Monday I had a planned day off of work. Chuck decided to call out as well. It was so nice to have a 4 day weekend. We decided to go hard core today.

Started off the day by doing something I had been super dreading. We got the oil changed in my car and the tires rotated. I hate doing that crap myself, so I’m glad he went with me : )

So, we finished that up and drove to Macon to the GA Ind. Children’s Home trail. We ran out there for about 55 minutes. I love it out there. It is so beautiful, BUT I had to contend with my dripping nose the whole time. I ended up with dried boogies on my face, oh joy! That is so gross, but us runner have to deal with gross bodily stuff sometimes dont we! We went home, ate lunch, watched FitTV and rested. At about 3:30 we went back out and ran down some off road, power line trails near the apartment. I was worried the whole time that we would get shot / arrested / kidnapped / killed by a wild animal / abducted by aliens something crazy. I just felt creeped out the whole time. Does the buzz of the powerline fry your brain I wonder? We finished this run pretty tired, 3.5 miles in 37 min. I told him I felt like it was the final workout on "The Biggest Loser" on the day before weigh-in where the trainers work them to death. Got back home, rested a little, THEN I had to teach spin for 30 min. at 6:30PM. It took every last drop of energy in my body to teach that class.

I cooked veggies and chicken breast for dinner, then we chilled and went to bed early, before 10PM. I slept so good. I woke up this morning feeling well rested and much better. My nose isn’t running any more. I still feel the slightest bit like I’ve had a cold, but nothing like last week! Yippy.

I’m looking forward to my training this week. My mom wants to run the Al Toll 15K, so we are going to run the 5K to be there with her. I wasn’t planning on that race, but it should be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers