Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Change of Plans

I had my running week allllll planned out, but NO, work must get in the way. I called yesterday to see what night I am scheduled to work my part-time job and it's Tuesday. Blah. I was going to go to a track and so some intervals, something I don't get a chance to do very often and I know I need to. But tonight was the only night this week that I could squeeze it in, but nope, not gonna happen now.

It is so hard to fit in all the elements of training that I WANT to do. And not have my legs too tired for the upcoming workouts. I taught my spin class last night... it was easy, just a few inclines and a few sprint intervals and class was over. There's a girl in there that wants to be able to run a 5k and I really really would like to see her do it. So I pushed 'em and encouraged her that if she can complete 30 min. of spin than she could at least run/walk a 5k. She's not convinced!

Since last night was spin, and tonight's workout will be a big fat NOTHING I decided to get in some leg training with weights. This usually gets pushed to the side because I don't want sore legs right before speed work or long runs, hard to find time. My legs are tight this morning and I like it!

Now I've got to wait until Wed. night to run. My body, if not my mind, should appreciate the rest.

2 comments:

  1. Kat, don't worry about missing tonight. It is too flippin windy to run!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell your spin class girl that I can run a marathon, but I have yet to make it through an entire spin class...so if she can spin, she can run!

    And I didn't go tonight either...4 mile run + strides on my schedule and I just could NOT imagine myself running around the track 16+ times! I'm glad I opted out, because it was FREEZING AND WINDY at 4pm...can't imagine what it was like after the sun went down!

    ReplyDelete

Followers