Monday, August 3, 2009

Sleepy, Frustrated...Looking at the Rainbow

I got my new Runners World this weekend. Oh yeah! I love diggin' into a new magazine. I read one article about how your day can sabatage your running. One thing they mentioned was of course getting enough sleep at night. Well, I read that article while laying on the couch as Chuck watched some King Alexander movie on Scyfy... and reading how you should avoid TV and computers up to 30 minutes before bed. Well, I wasn't really watching the movie, but I figured I'd get up and go lay in the bed, get comfy, and read the rest of my magazine.

So, I get to an article about a girl (Tera something) that has had chronic insomnia for years, she's a little younger than me. The article was good. I related becuase I am prone to insomina myself. Not very bad. But I'd say at least once a week I can't fall asleep. And at least once a week I'll wake up at 3 AM or so and not be able to go back to sleep. Sometimes it will be 3 days in a row, sometimes I'll go 2 weeks and sleep just fine. I guess it's anxiety... I don't know for sure.

After reading this article, wouldn't ya know, I turn off the lights & try, but I can't freakin fall asleep. I got up at about 11 PM and took a half a dose of benedryl... knowing it would make me groggy in the morning. But I was tired of laying in bed tired, but wide awake.

And I have to get up at 5 every morning for work. So I got six hours of drugged sleep. Not enough I feel, since I usually log at least 20 miles a week.

All day today I've been blah and sleepy. Then other personal & financial issues are just nagging at me... mostly bothering me only because I'm tired.

I was all hyped up about running and biking more, and planning on getting to the pool to swim one day this week... all energized mentally. Now I just feel drained. It's only monday afternoon.

It's hard to balance everything. I guess I do a decent job at the balancing. I'm a libra... it's my nature : ) But, sometimes I wish things were a little easier.

I'll get my run in tonight, and get my miles logged for the week... Reach those goals and try not to put to much effort into throwing any kind of pity party. I have exactly 2 more months till my first half marathon. I'm super excited about that. Plus, yesterday Chuck found a cool race I've never run in Savannah... Savannah River Run. It looks to be even more challeging than the Gate River Run (my fav of the year). So, that's in December... something else to look forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers