Monday, August 31, 2009

August Record

Not much new to post for now.

I've been planning my training each week, and following those plans pretty close. Good, but sorta boring for the most part.

I just entered my miles for last week into my online log, and noticed that I ran 115.80 miles for the month of August. This is a record for me! I guess it helped that August is a long month, but I am not complaining.

My two biggest goals are Labor Day and the 1/2 Marathon on Oct. 3rd. I am doing tempo runs in an effort to do good at Labor Day for the 10K. I have been running long runs on the weekend to get my mileage base up for the 1/2. So far I've gotten to 10 miles, but not really anywhere close to my 1/2 pace time. I guess we will see on race day.

This coming up weekend I wont do a long run, since the LDRR is on Monday and I dont want to kill my legs before the race. Then the next two weekends after that I will run 11 then 12 miles. After that rest a weekend then the 1/2 will be on me. I can't wait.

I have been going to the pool at least once a week. Focusing on a base for swimming training. I'm trying to get the basics down, work on technique. Then after the new year, start focusing on endurance for a tri. And I WANT A ROAD BIKE so bacd I can't stand it. But I will be patient.

Chuck has been nursing a bad shin splint for a whole week. He only got 5 miles in last week. I wish he'd get better. Running isn't nearly as fun without him around. Hopefully he'll be "back up and running" soon. I miss his company.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers