Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Make it Go Away!

This feeling as if I'm coming down with a cold. I dont wanna get sick, I dont wanna...I dont wanna... I dont wanna. Make it go away. I've been taking my multi vitamin/ vitamin C & D later in the day. I'm eating very good (somehow my willpower has been top notch lately?). I dont wanna get sick.

I just feel sorta tired, scratchy throat, like my head is too heavy for my neck to support. I'm trying to tell myself that it's allergies. That my head feels heavy because of the swimming I've been doing... that my shoulders & neck are just adjusting to the new workout. I dont want it to be a cold. Tonight I am going to TRY to go to be extra early and get some rest. Before all that can happen I still have 8 more hours left of my work day and a 5 mile tempo run planned for tonight. Hmmmmm??????????? Chuck is going to tell me I need to rest, just go home and lay down... (but I know he secretly wants to get in more miles than me, and I can't let him beat me... muuaahhahahah).

To pick up from last week's post: I did my 5 mile tempo run on the treadmill. Hitting my 3 hard effort miles at between an 8:45 & 8:30 minute mile, as planned. I'm leaning towards an 8:35-8:40 m/mi for Labor Day 10K. I think this is doable... IF I DONT GET SICK!!!!

Thursday I rested... Good Girl! Friday morning I was off, so I waited until about 9 and went outside to run 4 miles. I ended up finishing in 35:16! Wow, I wasn't planning on hitting it that hard, but it felt good... despite the 100% humidity and frequent inclines on that course.
Friday afternoon I went to the Cantrell Center and swam 800 meters! I even went 100 meters STRAIGHT without stopping. I just did 25m freestyle, 25m breastroke and alternated to get to 100 meters. I was quite happy with that swim.

Saturday I went to the apartment treadmill to get in some junk miles, just 3. Ran 1 mile slow, one at a 8:50 pace, and one mile slow. Then got in the apartment pool and played around swimming laps, just focusing on technique and breathing, not going for distance or time.

On Sunday I got up EARLY and met with my mom for our weekly long run. We ran 8 miles starting at 6:15AM. We ran down Watson Blvd, turned into the C'ville mall, circled the parking lot once, down Houston Lake, turned on Thomson Rd, then into Eagle Springs, back out of E.S. onto Gunn Rd & back to the Apt. It was a good run, very warm & VERY humid. But luckily the sun never came out. I kept the pace slow (avg. 9:56) that's all I had in me that morning.

As for the Ab/Core training. I am keeping up my end of the bargain! I've done some training at least every other day. I've been scoping out all my magazines and getting some new moves to try. I've got a good workout I'm probably going to try tonight.

I mentioned earlier that I've been eating good lately. For some CRAZY odd Insane Unrational reason... I have had incredible willpower and not been cheating on my diet. I've been good with portion control and not eating many sweets at all. That settles it... I AM SICK! No, but really, I hope I can keep up the good nutrition because I can run so much better when I feed my body right.

With any luck, I will not get sick and continue on my training... next goal: Labor Day Road Race!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers