Monday, July 27, 2009

Back to Life, Back to Reality

It's monday... and back to work I go.

I throughly enjoyed my vacation. I had never been to Jekyll Island before, so I was pleasantly suprised. I just thought it was so neat that it is so laid back there. No fast food joints, no traffic, no hussle and bussle. I didnt even get in a car for 4 days. We walked where we needed to go since Chuck was actually there for a conference, they had lunches and dinners planned on site at the condos we were staying in. It was perfect. I finally got to run on the beach on Sat. morning. The tide was usually in when it was cool enough to run, so I ended up running bike paths for most of the week. Which was perfectly fine with me. I would love to go back there some day. It was great.

Yesterday, our first day back home. We ran the XTerra 10K out at the Pig Trail in Macon. It was a great run. Well, they had done a lot of logging out at the trail all month, finishing it just a few days before the race. So the landscape was shockingly changed. It was sorta depressing, but I know these things happen for a reason. I started out feeling froggy. Ran great in the first half of the race. The last half, the hills and heat got to me. I ended up finishing right over a 10 min mile. I was very pleased with this time considering the crazy trail terrain and hills. My time was much better than my Trail 15K up in Jackson. That was horrible!

Now, I've got to put together a plan for the week's workout. I've discovered that I can start training some at the Cantrell Center pool. I though I'd have to get a membership, but I can swim for $5.00 a visit... which will be more cost effective for me since I won't be able to go very often. I'm excited to start a good swimming training base, so that I'll at least have that under my belt when I get ready to train for the sprint tri next spring. I found one in Jekyll actually... I'm going to look more into that very soon.

I just cant decided where I want to put all of my effort... a marathon or a sprint tri? I know I have to pick one due to the fact that I dont have tons of time to train. We will see : )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers