Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Runner out of Air

After resting on Monday, aside from an easy spin class.... cool thing about being the teacher ( I can cheat)...

Last night I hit the treadmill and ran 3 miles of hill intervals. It was a better run than I anticipated. I just did .25 warmup, then went to a 3% grade for .25, recover for .25 then 4% for .25, recover 2.5, 5% for 2.5, recover .25, and repeated 3%, 4% & 5% each for .25 with an equal recovery. The workout went by real fast with all the incline changes.

We hit the weights quickly last night. I just did a little chest work with dumbells. I have vowed to do abs/core work 3 times a week. I did that Monday and plan to hit it again tonight. I have made this vow several times this year and have yet to stick with it.

Finally, Chuck and I went by my mom's & dropped of my sweet little pumpkin (Shy) and went over to the Cantrell Center for our 2nd free visit to the pool.

My ATTEMPT of a swim workout went something like this:

25 meters freestyle (then rest 15-20 seconds) x 24
Total of 600 meters, but I had to rest every 25 meters.
Not too bad I guess, considering I'm trying to teach myself.

I know HOW to swim and my form is lacking somewhat. But with practice I know that will come as well.

Next time I swim, I think I'll try for 5o meters straight without a rest. My biggest problem is not relaxing while I swim. I kick my legs too hard and too fast & it wears me out. It's like I'm trying to run underwater... I need to change modes and use my ARMS. Hopefully I will adapt to the water...

Tonight's plan is a 5 mile tempo run on the treadmill. Fun stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers