Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Cantrell Center 5K

Last Saturday, Feb 27, 2010 was the 2nd Annual Cantrell Center 5K, as well as my 2nd go at the race.


♥I've got love for this race♥


1.  It's about 1 mile from my apartment.
2.  I go to the Cantrell Center about 2 times per week to swim.
3.  I like the staff at the Cantrell Center.
4.  It's a Big Race.
5.  It's chip timed.
6.  It's a RACE, come on, I love races! 

Race morning was great.  I woke up In A Good Mood.  For the remainder of the morning, I REMAINED In A Good Mood.  How crazy is that.  I'm notorious for being a grouchy butt on race day.  We didn't have to get up too super early since the race was close by.  Our babysitter showed up not only on time, but early.  Everything just fell into place.  I bet the biggest factor was the fact that I wasn't trying to PR or meet a hard goal!

We had picked up out packets early so we didn't have to mess with any of that stuff.  No tummy upset for me.  We did a good warm-up run of a little over a mile.  Before we knew it, it was race time.

Coming back from my injury, I decided that my "Race" would really be a 3.1 mile "Tempo" run.  My tempo pace varies from 8:20  to 8:35 (depending on distance), so my goal was to start around 8:35 and end at around a 8:20 pace.  My actual performance was pretty true to my goal.  Granted due to the hill on the last mile of the course I spiked up to about a 8:45 for a bit.  Overall my pace was 8:26. 

After the race I chatted with a few of my running friends and enjoyed the crowd of happy "5K'ers"  I'm ready for the 12K next weekend at Geico. 

Untill Then...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers