Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Phase 1 Down

I havn't done much blogging since I've been back to running.  Which makes since, because Phase 1 was somewhat boring and uneventful and I didn't have much to say.  I am happy to be back on the road / treadmill.  I've enjoyed it although I've been less than motivated.  I think once I get back to a few quality workouts each week that will improve.

For the last 3 weeks of training in Phase 1, I'll just hit the highlights:

Week 1 - 15 miles
Week 2 - 11 miles
Week 3 - 12.6 miles

Yeah, that looks pretty sorry on "paper".  But I am mixing in a lot of weight training, I've been swimming 1-2 times per week and we've been riding our new road bikes... since we want to complete the Rock & Roll Sprint Tri in June.  I have been busy even if not running a lot.

Some other highlights of the last three weeks:

My daughter Shyenne has started running with me.  We plan to run her 1st 5K on April 24th, the day before she turns 9.  She's up to 1.5 miles.  She needs 2, 1 minute walk breaks.  I can already tell she's improving.  It's nice to be doing something that I love with her, not to mention it being great for her health.

I ran my first 5K of the year on Saturday.  I wont go into much detail about it, becuase there was no pressure, no plans, no stress.  I just ran 3.1 miles, that's it.  My time was 27:47.  I was very satisfied with that. 

I sold my old car, a Chevy Malibu that I bought new in 2000.  Chuck and I bought a "new to us" 1999 Ford Explorer Limited.  We almost came out even buying the Explorer after selling the Malibu.  I'm loving my new bigger vehicle.  The Malibu had no A/C and summer will be here soon.

One last thing... I got my hair cut.  It had gotten pretty long, I had about 6 inches cut off.  It feels much better, I'm happy with that change too!

I need to post pics... maybe next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers