Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Eat Clean

Yesterday I started a week long goal of eating healthy.  Only a week?  Well, it seems if I make a goal of eating clean for any period of time longer than a week I don't meet it.  So, right now, I'm working with a week. 

For this week, my goal is eat a minimal amount of processed foods.  Eating foods a natural as possible.  Not some kind of crazy "raw" diet.  And some things are just going to have to be processed.  But, my goal is to go with as natural of a diet as I can. 

I know, in order to maintain a healthy diet over a long peroid of time, I'll have to go back to the yummy Zone Bars that I love so much. 

As I type this I'm sipping a strawberry/banana/soymilk smoothie.

On tap for this weekend, a trail 5K in Dublin and a long run on Sunday.  By Monday I should have a full 7 days of clean eating under my belt, and a race report.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers