Friday, February 5, 2010

Can I do it ALL?

I've spent the last month doing a lot of planning for the 2010 year.  Planning RACES!  I love races.  I love planning ahead, pre-registering.  Getting all prepared for the race once race day gets close.  I was happy with our devotion to running and racing last year, for 2010 I want even more. 

I would love to run, and race hard every single weekend.  I know that's not possible.  Races take a toll on the body, cost money to enter, and then there's childcare to arrange.  It's a good thing that I like to plan ahead, otherwise we'd be in a mess and probably get nothing accomplished.

Right now I've got everything I want to do through June figured out.  Lots of races to run and even a few trips to take.  One BIG thing Chuck and I would LOVE to do is a Sprint Tri.  There will be one close by in Macon on June 5th. 

Planning for the Tri will be all new for me.  Here's what I've got nailed down so far:
I need to register by April 1st.
We need a babysitter for the morning.
I've already began swimming laps.  Continue swimming at least twice a week until the event.
Buy a Road Bike!  Train on the bike at least once a week until the event.
Get necessary gear (attire, accessories, etc)

Ok, That should do it.  I'm sure I'll think of plenty more as time goes by and I talk to more experienced Triathlon competitors.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers