Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Jekyll Island

I am in heaven! Really! I havn't felt this relaxed and carefree in a long time. I'm always rush rush rush... on a schedule, working 10 hour days, pushing miles on the treadmill.... ahhhhhhh. Well, not this week. I'm in Jekyll with my sweet man Chuck for the week. He's got a gang conference for work which really only lasts 3 1/2 days... but we've turned it into a week vacation.

So far, I've had a blast livin' it up and chillin' with a bunch of crazy fun lovin cops. We've been hanging out on the beach, in each other's condo's, grillin out and enjoying the get away. Chuck and I got up early both mornings so far to run. I got 4 in yesterday and 5 this morning. Both runs were great, we just did an out an back on the bike trail that lines the island. Tomorrow I've got my sights set on 6, then probably a rest Thursday morning.... because Wed. night is probably going to be a late night.

Well, the boys just left for class. Poor pitiful me... nothing left to do until lunch except play around on the internet, go down to the beach and read my book, maybe take a walk. Oh, I dont know how I will cope. Hahaha... They're cooking out burgers and dog for lunch. I might end up needing to run 2 times a day to burn off all the extra food and beverages I'm consuming. Oh well, I'm having fun and that's all that matters.

Before I go, check out the pretty pic of our cozy cottage style villa condo. I love it. I could SO live here.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers