Monday, January 26, 2009

Here I Go!

Well, how do I start? So, I've been playing around on the local running club's (Macon Tracks) forum lately, really enjoying reading the posts and getting great motivation from everyone. I've been reading blogs by the members that have them posted and enjoy them, so I figured why not share too? Here goes....

I'll give a brief overview of my running history, then stay up to date from now on:
I started running in June of 2002, I was 24 years old, my daughter was 2 at the time, I had gained 10 lbs. since my daughter was born and was going through a bit of depression.

My Dad (a US Marine) has been a runner since joining in 1974 and completed 2 Marine Corps Marathons. My Mom has been a runner for about as long, usually running to control weight or for the mental therapy aspect! I took a Running course at MSC in 1999 and enjoyed it for the few months I was doing it for a grade (got a C... What!?!).

Given my state of mind, and body back in 2002 I decided to start running! I knew I'd shed a few pounds and it would give me time out of the house all to myself. I wasn't a stay at home mom, I worked at JCPenney then so I got up early and ran before work. By the new year I had lost about 15 lbs... I was very happy at the progress and was feeling so much better about myself. It was October of 2003 before I got the courage to run a 5K, from then on, I slowly but surely got hooked on running and road races.

I was off and on with running for the first few years of it. I had a foot injury due to wearing junky shoes, I'd get lazy, or didn't want to run in the cold, whatever the case was... I was inconsistant. Since the first of 2007 I've been a lot better about consistancy, and my goal is to keep it up!

1 comment:

Followers