Sunday, December 27, 2009

Go With The Flow

I've accepted the fact that I am injured.  It has fully sunk in and I'm OK with it.  Really, I am.  No, I'm not lying.  Ok, maybe a little.

Since the painful slow Christmas Eve run at the loop on Thursday, I rested all day Friday, Christmas day.  I soaked my foot in ice water & applied heat in 20 minute increments.  Chuck massaged my heel a lot too.  We went to my Mom's for Christmas dinner.  In between soaking & heating my heel, I ate and we watched movies on HBO all day.

Saturday I bucked up and took RC's advise.  Which was to spend equal planned running TIME on the elliptical at my desired Heart Rate.

Meet my new buddy.  The Arc Trainer!
See, I hope this sweaty fling is short lived.  I don't want it to turn into a long term affair.  Although I am thankful to have a gym membership and access to cross training equipment.
Saturday I spent 1 hour total with an Avg. Heart Rate of 162 on this bad boy.  Sunday (today) I managed 2 hours total.  My equivilant running time should have been a 2.5 hour workout, but I couldn't manage another 30 minutes. 


Thanks to Shyenne's new Kindle.  The two hours of cardio went by as quickly as I could have hoped.  I'm reading Midnight in Madrid.  Pretty good so far.  Shy's grandpa got her new nifty electronic book for Christmas.  But she's sweet enough to share with her Mom!

This week's training hasn't been totally wasted.  I still got out and burned some calories.  Hopefully I'll be back up and running soon enough.  With the cross training I should be able to pick up where I left off.  I might even take advantage of the running break and get some swimming practice in.  One of these days I am going to do a sprint Tri.  Maybe sooner than later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers