Monday, December 28, 2009

2009, A Look Back...

With four full days left of the year 2009 I might as well go ahead and do a little year end analysis.



I’m almost embarrassed to post my 2009 running goals, seeing as how I didn’t quite meet them all. Although, I guess I didn’t do too bad.


These are the goals that I wrote into the front cover of my training log book:






Plan- Run 900 miles in 2009
Actual- With 4 days remaining of the year, I am currently at 1190.81miles.






Plan- Complete my entire “manual” running log book.
Actual- Yep, it’s full and complete. There’s just something in me that can’t rely entirely on a computer log. I like writing it all down!






Plan- Run at least 1 Race every single month.
Actual- I ran a total of 20 organized races this year, running at least 1 each month.







Plan- Run my 1st Half Marathon (In 2 hours or less)
Actual- I completed the Jacksonville Marine Corps Half Marathon on Oct. 3, 2009… although it took me 2 hours, 5 minutes and 56 seconds.






Plan- Explore Trail Running
Actual- Easy enough. We ran a total of 73 miles of trail running and 2 XTerra trail races.






Plan- Beat Race PR’s on my 5,10,12 & 15K distances.
Actual – Not a single PR this year. Although I did get very close to PR’s I set in 2007 and never quite got close to again in 2008. This is going to be a focus on my 2010 plans, seeing as how I failed on this one! Thanks to RC, now I know HOW to do this one.






I am going to wait a few days and ponder my 2010 goals. One problem I’m having is that I got a sudden injury in my heel and ankle area last week. Very bad timing for an injury. It is hard to be optimistic and goal oriented when I am not even sure how long this problem is going to have me out of running. I might see a Dr. and get some more definite answers. That will be another post.

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there Kat. Injuries are a hazard of the sport. Recover well and you'll be back to it in no time. In the mean time work on our indoor PR's - Longest time on Arc Trainer without throwing up, Level on Elliptical I can hold and still read Runner's World, etc, etc. Anything to keep you sane and working out.

    ReplyDelete

Followers