Thursday, June 4, 2009

Chin Up, Chin Up.. Everybody loves a happy face.

TGIT! Yes, it’s Thursday again.

I’ve done a little attitude adjustment on myself. A little self positive thinking I guess you could say. Went over all of the things in my life I have to be happy for. Then made myself admit that whatever I seem to feel is so bad, really isn’t so bad. Is it that easy? I don’t know. All I can do is try it!

Last night I went straight to my Mom’s house after work. We all had yummy tacos for dinner (she cooked them healthy style). After we ate we just sat around and talked. It was nice to not go straight to the gym after work. I had gotten into a rut. We were going straight to the gym Mon – Thursday. That really gets old after a few months. I think I really needed a little break. I just have to keep reminding myself not to beat myself up about it though!

Chuck has been such a sweetheart. He knows I've been down and has let me slide with not cooking dinner (ok, so it's going on two weeks now). But I can whip up a mean protien shake so he's not complaining. He just keeps reminding me that I'm a beast...(at least he thinks so) and "ain't nothing gonna hold me down, oh no, I got to keep on movin"... So, I also wanna perk up and get back to my normal self for him.

I couldn’t help it… I packed my gym bag this morning. I still have yet to have a GOOD run in my new shoes. And they fit so good and are so soft and comfy. I want to get back in the groove of running so bad. I’m worried about running the 15K on Sunday. I’m just going to go with the intention of enjoying the beautiful scenery and moving my body for 9.3 miles. Even if I have to take walk breaks… I’m going to finish it. Plus the T-shirts are supposed to be really neat! Hahahaha.

Alright, so I have a good attitude about the work day… a good attitude about my running. I am off tomorrow and I plan on spending the whole day with my little Shybug. She wants to go shopping and spend her Birthday money.

Hopefully, the next time I blog I will have some GOOD running news…. And more miles to log : )

1 comment:

  1. Glad you're past the strep.
    Have a good run Sunday<--should I say break a leg? No, better not say that for this kind of event:-)

    -Jackie
    http://arunnersbl0g.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Followers