Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Trail Run Fun?

I finally did it. It wasn’t a matter of not being sure if I wanted to run it, just a somewhat significant amount of money to pay for a race for two people at one time… But I did it. I registered Chuck and myself for the XTERRA Deep South 15K at Daucet Trails. I am soooo excited about this trail race. My first trail race ever.

I really do love to run the trails. Although, I must admit, I have not run a trail since tripping & falling last time. But that’s just because I don’t want to fall again and ruin all the training I’ve put in for our run in Jax. Ok, maybe I’m just a little scared. So What! I’ll be back out there soon enough.

I’m very goal oriented. I’ve had my spreadsheet since December outlining our training up to Gate River Run on 3/14/09. After that I was thinking… then what? I want to run a half marathon this year. But there isn’t a whole lot out there to run from now until the fall. I want my next goal to be closer than the fall. I like a 12 – 15 week kind of goal to reach.

Now that I’ve signed us up to run the Trail 15K (9.3 miles) that will be perfect for my next training goal. At first I was thinking - we would already be trained for a 15K in March, so what’s the challenge? The challenge being that running the same distance on a trail takes much more time than it does on the road. Also more / different muscles need to be trained… and not to mention… foot /eye coordination?????? Hahahaha.

My next training goal will be for June 7, 2009. That being the trail 15K. To train for the goal I will run trails as much as possible, increase road distance so I’m at least running approximately the same amount of time it will take to complete the trail 15K. I will also focus more on my weight training, specifically lower body. There… that sounds fun!

Gotta go… Excel is awaiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers